The splitting of a dry paint film through at least one coat, which will lead to complete failure of the paint. Early on, the problem appears as hairline cracks; later, flaking of paint chips occurs.
- Use of a lower quality that has inadequate adhesion and flexibility.
- Over thinning the paint or spreading it too thin.
- Poor surface preparation, especially when the paint is applied to bare wood without priming.
- Painting under cool or windy conditions that make latex paint dry too fast.
- It may be possible to correct cracking that does not testosterone cypionate buy in uk go down to the substrate by removing the loose or flaking paint with a scraper or wire brush, sanding to feather the edges, priming any bare spots and repainting.
- If the cracking goes down to the substrate remove all of the paint by scraping, sanding and/or use of a heat gun; then prime and repaint with a quality exterior latex paint.
Note: Images & information provided by The Rohm & Hass Paint Quality Institute.