Tendency of paint film to take on the imprint of an object that is placed on it (e.g., a shelf, table, window sill or counter top with books, dishes and other objects on them).
- Use of low quality semigloss or gloss paint.
- Putting a painted surface back into use before paint has fully dried.
- Use top quality acrylic semigloss or gloss latex paint.
- Low quality latex semigloss and gloss paints can have poor print resistance, especially in warm, damp conditions.
- Acrylic latex paints generally have better print resistance than vinyl latex paints.
- Fully cured alkyd paints also have excellent print resistance.
- Make sure the recommended “cure” time is allowed for the paint before it is put into service. Cool or humid conditions require more curing time.
Note: Images & information provided by The buy steroids online Rohm & Hass Paint Quality Institute.