Search Our Website
Solving Roller Splattering Problemsnxtlm2021-05-17T09:20:05-04:00
Tendency of a roller to throw off small droplets of paint during application.
- Use of exterior paint on an interior surface.
- Use of lower grades of latex paints.
- Higher quality paints are formulated to minimize spattering.
- Using high quality rollers which have proper resiliency further reduces pattering.
- In some cases, a quality wall paint may be preferred for ceiling work, for maximum spatter resistance.
- Overloading the roller with paint will result in excess spatter, as will overworking the paint once it is applied to a substrate.
- Working in three-foot square sections, applying the paint in a zigzag “M” or “W” pattern and then filling in the pattern will also lessen the likelihood of spattering.
Note: Images & information provided by The Rohm & Hass Paint Quality Institute.