Search Our Website
Solving Blocking Problemsnxtlm2021-05-17T09:05:20-04:00
Undesirable sticking together of two painted surfaces when pressed together (e.g., a door sticking to the jamb).
- Not allowing sufficient dry time for the coating before closing doors or windows.
- Use of low quality semigloss or gloss paints.
- Use top quality semigloss or gloss acrylic latex paint. Low quality latex paints can have poor block resistance, especially in warm, damp conditions.
- Follow paint label instructions regarding dry times.
- Acrylic latex paints generally have better early block resistance then vinyl latex paints or alkyd or oil-based paints; however, alkyds develop superior block resistance over time.
- Application of talcum powder can relieve persistent blocking.
Note: Images & information provided by The Rohm & Hass Paint Quality Institute.